The Making of a Mural (part 2)

Click for Part One

Work continued on the mural… hearing protection and a dust mask were important given the hours and hours I spent with a jig saw in my hand.


The inlay for the Golden Gate Bridge comes together. Fitting it into the grass background was a trick and the bridge came apart into more pieces than I expected.


This was the most complicated single piece of the 150 inlaid parts in the mural.


Meanwhile the benches were coming along nicely. It was good to take a break from one part of the project by working on the others.


Above, a video of me testing the benches. I found out that adding the resonators, the recesses for which took me two days to build, made the instruments deafening so I had to leave them out.


Another section of the background inlay coming together. It was nerve wracking cutting out the negatives because you just couldn’t mistakes on a pieces which already had hours of work invested in them.


I started running out of room for the scraps generated by so much jig-sawing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s